Thursday, October 6, 2011

Prayer...Immediately

All those people goin' somewhere
Why have I never cared?

Chorus:  Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me Your eyes so I can see

Give Me Your Eyes ~ Brandon Heath


Am I in a rut?  Am I just going through the motions?  Do I take for granted that I'm saved through the grace of God & the sacrifice of my Savior Jesus alone?

Every so often these thoughts fly through my head...  And I have to dwell on the question for a little while...  I have to pray, ponder....and then what?  How many times do I think about these things, but then just move on with my day...promising myself & God..."Oh, I'll pray about that later when I have more time..."  God, You mean you don't have time for ME?  "Oh, no Father," I weakly protest, "that's not what I mean at all..."  Silence.  "Well, I know that's the way is sounds, but You know my heart...You know there's nothing I would rather do than just spend time worshipping You all day long...but I can't".  Silence.  "Really, I can't..."  You can do nothing apart from ME.  I AM the One who gave you today, & you don't have time to pray about something very important I've placed on your heart?  "Well, when You put it that way..." I reply getting weaker...  Silence.  I am broken...I know that the Lord is right...as always!  And broken is what wants...  He wants me to completely surrender to Him, so that He can mold me & show me & lead me, exactly where I need to go... 
There's no beating-around-the-bush with God, there's no playing phone tag...there's no voicemail...  If we don't answer when God calls us the first time, He will keep calling...and calling...AND calling...  Until finally we "find the time" to answer...  Sometimes if we wait too long, the Holy Spirit will stop us in our tracks (in our rut, while we're going through the motions) & put that theoretical "phone" right in our face...so that we can't ignore, not hear, or walk by it again...

But I can avoid all of this if I would take action when the Lord shows me something I need to work on in my life!  If I just surrender to Him daily it would make my life a lot easier...  If I would pray about those fleshly tendencies when they are first shown to me.  If I didn't try to make excuses for myself...

That's why out of all the songs I could've chose for this topic, I chose Give Me Your Eyes.
Because that's the example that's being set in the song.  There is a problem that is made aware...and there is a prayer...  A prayer first & foremost asking for forgiveness...then immediately afterwards is the a prayer of longing...  A prayer of wanting to be more Christ like, than we are.

And I know that being completely honest with myself, that's not always going to happen.  The Enemy is very good at dangling "little emergency's" in front of us.  Those that are just important enough for us get distracted at least temporarily from the One who truly matters.

Dear Precious Heavenly Father,

I come broken before your throne of grace.  Broken with shame that I so often put You aside.  Make You wait.  And I praise Your name & thank you from every crevice of my soul that You are a God of forgiveness.  A God of patience.  A God of mercy. 
Lord, please mold me, make my heart more mindful of when You have something to tell me!  Teach me to go through my days totally on fire for You alone!  Where the only thoughts that fly around in my mind are pleasing in Your sight.  The only words I speak point back to You.
Thank you Abba Father for loving me even though I will never be able to deserve it!!
I ask this all in Your precious Son Jesus' name. 
Amen!

I pray that the Lord blesses you abundantly today & that you will feel His embrace forever!

Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani

No comments: