Friday, October 7, 2011

What Are My Talents?

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are

Who Am I ~ Casting Crowns



I have been thinking (I do that a lot)...  And I asked myself..."What are my talents?  What am I good at doing?"

Talent: A natural aptitude or skill.

My prideful self of course took off with all the different things that someone during the course of my life has complemented me on... 

Then the Holy Spirit reeled me back in & told me to ask the question again...and really think about it this time.  So I did...  I wasn't really proud of myself after I got my second answer. 

I am great at being prideful...
I'm get those waves of ungratefulness...
I'm just great at being cowardly...
I'm pretty good at being stubborn as well...
I'm also very good at procrastinating...putting things off...
I'm not always the kindest person...
I'm not always meekest person...
To be perfectly honest I'm always working on all the Fruit of the Sprit...


I could go on, and on...and on...  But then suddenly my thoughts like that stopped.  And the Lord reminded me that He doesn't want me to dwell on my faults...  That's not going to make me improve.  Every now and then, we need to be reminded of what we were without Christ.  We need to be reminded that we're not perfect.  We need to be reminded that without Him who created us...we are nothing...but with Him we are sons and daughters of the King.  Children of the most high God.  Who loves us despite our many, many...many imperfections.

I can now say that I am talented, because God made me (special, and He loves me very much...Bye! (Sorry!  Had to throw VeggieTales in there...I couldn't resist!  =P )) 
I'm good at being His child.  And not because of anything I did, but because of the love, grace & mercy of our Abba Father.

Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani

No comments: