Sunday, October 16, 2011

Girly Christianity?

Chorus: Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) ~ Matt Redman
This is one of the songs we sang on the workshop night.



A couple nights ago I went to a girls workshop at the church my family & I just started attending.  It was called GI Jane: Getting Aggressive About God.

It was a great night; the High School pastor's wife was the one speaking.  This is one of the points she made, that I elaborated on in my mind.

We are girls...we love the happy endings, the emotions, the feelings, we're hopeless romantics, we are feminine, we are girly etc...  And that's how we're made.  But sometimes that transfers into our Christianity.  We only see the blessings, we sometimes forget that Jesus isn't just the baby in the manger or our Friend & Savior.  He is also the Conquering King who will be coming back to battle in the end days.  Christianity:  Is it the best thing that's ever happened to us?  Yes!  Is is the easiest way to live?  No!  Which is why we need to be dependent on the Lord for strength.

Galatians 3:26-28 says, "26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Now obviously I'm still a female, and I'm still girly, God is saying that is His eyes when it comes to our faith, we are supposed to be the same.  The traits that separate men & women life shouldn't apply to our Christianity. 

For example, men are usually tougher, more aggressive, they're usually stronger than women.  They are the protectors of their wives.  That's how God made them.  But when it comes to Christianity, men & women are equal. 
Girls shouldn't be weaker in their faith; we need to be just as strong, because there is spiritual warfare going on all around us.  We need to be right there in it.  And we can, because of Jesus.  He erased those boundaries in our faith, because it isn't physical strength that's necessary, but spiritual strength.  "8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come." ~ 1 Timothy 3:8

The message I heard has inspired me to get more aggressive about my studying in the Word, & continue to grow stronger in my relationship with my Savior Jesus.  1 Timothy 4:10, "For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe."

Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani


Everything in this post is Copyright Tiffani-Joi.  You must ask permission before you use any part of this post or any pictures.

No comments: