Saturday, December 31, 2011

Almost a New Year!

On the risk of sounding super cliched...I can't believe the year is hours from being over...  I know I say that every year, and every year its just as true.

Last year seemed to be all about seasons...this year...  I'll just have to wait and see.  =)

Tonight we each picked a game that we love and played them 'til 10PM {the funniest thing is that we each won the game we chose  =) }, then we all separated to write our goals for 2012.  We will talk about them tomorrow morning during our devotional time as a family.
This has been an amazing year!  I don't know about you, but there's always a part of me that wants to hold on to the old year.  It seems more safe and comfortable {don't ask me why}.  But the Lord didn't call us to be comfortable.  He's called us to be bold and courageous.  To die to ourselves so we can live in Him. 
And a year is just a year...it's what we've done during the year that's important.  And I can only hope that what I've done during the past year has made the Lord smile and say, "Well done, my daughter."
So while part of me wants to hold on, the other part of me {which will win} is totally ready to "let go and let God," as my Mom always says.  Is ready to grow in Him, face the challenges, live boldly, seek our the adventures and run the race.

My Biggest Goal for 2012:  Daily pick up my cross and follow Him.  And be ready to drop everything to do just that.  I need to be ready for the adventures that will take place and run to His embrace when I feel weary. 

My Life Verse for 2012:  24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. ~ Matthew 16:24-25

In closing, I want to pray for you all.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I come before your throne right now in praise for the wonders that You've worked in all of our lives this year!  For the things You've revealed to us. 
Please Father as we go into the new year, make us even clearer images of You.  Let there be no mistaking us for Your followers.  Let it be that when people look at us, they see only You.  Let us decrease daily so that You can increase abundantly!
Help us to be the tools in Your hand and work through us!
Father I pray for those reading this right now, that You would bless them immensely and cover them and wrap them in Your embrace.
Father I ask this all in Your Son Jesus' name.
Amen!
I will talk to you in the new year!

Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani

P.S.
My Daddy sent this picture to me a couple months ago and I absolutely loved it!!! I think it goes perfectly with this next year!! =)



Everything in this post is Copyright Tiffani-Joi.  Please email me at TiffaniJoi143@gmail.com to ask permission before using any part of this post or any pictures.

No comments: