Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine...

Love this song, and I thought it was perfect for today =)

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
~ 1 Corinthians 13:13
 
 
I've never felt like I've missed out on anything on Valentines Day, because I didn't have a date.  Valentines Day has never been a reminder that I'm "alone"  =P
 
 
In fact, its quite the opposite.  My Valentine is always with me, and loves me unconditionally, despite my many, many...many faults.  He is patient with me, He gives me joy and peace that cannot be contained.  He always listens and is always on time...it's my watch that is unreliable.   =)
He doesn't wait until a certain holiday to give me gifts...He blesses me every day.  He has written His name on 'my paper heart'.  {And yes, I have just burst into song...  =P }
 
 
Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.
 
 
Since I was really young, my mom has always talked about how unconditional love, keeps no record of wrongs. (1 Corinthians 13:5) Our Abba Father and our Savior Jesus showed us the greatest example of unconditional love that the world has ever seen...and ever will see!
 
 
We are promised that if we, but ask with a truly repentant heart for forgiveness, He will grant it to us unconditionally.  He loves us that much!
I will never understand why He loves me.  Sure I could rattle off a couple "good points" about myself, but...
 
 
"...For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
~ 1 Samuel 16:7b
 
 
And the honestly the only good thing in my heart is Jesus.  Period.
Although that does make me wonder again about why Jesus would even consider coming into my heart...
 
 
The only answer that comes close to satisfying me is:

"8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?"
~Matthew 7:8-10

We are His children, and He tells us that He will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5)
 
 
It all comes back to His unconditional love for us.  The love that we don't deserve.  The love that He freely gives, when we ask.

I pray that you all had a blessed Valentines Day.


Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani


What you've read in this post is Copyright Tiffani-Joi.  Please email me at TiffaniJoi143@gmail.com to ask permission before using any part of this post or any pictures.  Merci!  =)

2 comments:

Bridget Grace said...

What a beautiful post!
Your blog is such a blessing to me and others! <3
Blessings to you, girl!
Bridget

Tiffani-Joi said...

Thank you, Bridget! To Him be the glory!