Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Describing of Friends...

Hey now you know it's true
After all that we've been through
You can count on me
When it comes down to the end
I will always be your friend
No matter where you go
I want you to know now

Chorus:
I promise my prayers
I promise my heart
I'll be thinking of you
Wherever you are
When the daylight is done
When the night is so dark
When I cannot be there
I promise my prayers

Down each road we take
We're joined together when we pray
No matter where life leads
I will lift you up
You'll be covered by his love
The angels will find you
I'm here to remind you now

Chorus
I'll cover, I'll cover you, I'll cover

Beyond our understanding
His hand is moving and we stand amazed
I pray His love will guide you
I know He's there beside you always

Chorus

Promise My Prayers ~ Point of Grace


In case you have never read T.S. Eliot's Old Possums Book of Practical Cats, my title is referencing one of the poem titles.  He wrote of poem called The Naming of Cats...hence The Describing of Friends...  =)

What is a friend?

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ~ Anonymous

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." ~ Anonymous

To me, friends are those:



~Who you can text in the wee hours of the morning with a prayer request
~Who will burn their fingers on a curling iron to make sure your hair is "perfect" for prom
~Who will listen when you need to talk something out
~Who lift you up and make you smile without even trying
~Who you've never met in person, but are still 'kindred spirits' in Christ
~Who you can just start chatting with, even if you haven't seen them in a while
~Who don't make you do all the talking, yet never dominates the conversation
~Who asks you how you are and means it
~Who can be totally goofy with you one minute and serious the next
~Who love to watch I Love Lucy with you  =P
~Who's book recommendations you can trust
~Who will laugh with you and tease you {all in good fun of course  =)}
~Who's seen you cry and still thinks you're beautiful
~Who knows your faults and still loves you
~Who will pray for you before you have to ask


These are just some of the definitions of a friend to me.  I would love to hear some of yours!


"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
~Matthew 18:20

"Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

So to all my friends, I just want to let you know what a blessing you are to me.  I wouldn't be the same person I am without you!  I thank the Lord that you are in my life!

Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani


Everything in this post is Copyright Tiffani-Joi.  Please email me at TiffaniJoi143@gmail.com to ask permission before you use any part of this post or any pictures.

No comments: