Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Our Provider!

Jehovah Jireh, my Provider
His grace is sufficient for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh, my Provider
His grace is sufficient for me, for me

My God shall supply all my needs
According to His riches in glory
He will give His angels, charge over me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me, for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me

Jehovah Jireh

(Jehovah Jireh is Hebrew.  Translated it literally means The Lord Who Sees or The Lord Who Sees To It.  It means He is our Provider.)



My parents & I just recently watched the movie Evan Almighty. 
(Please note: I am not trying to make a recommendation.  It is always best to review a movie before watching it, especially when younger siblings are around.  I will say that it is one of the very few movies that is not labeled as "Christian" & that has come out into the theaters; scripture is quoted & not misused, God is portrayed as Someone who can call us to certain actions, we can speak with & have a personal relationship with, is there for us, & sees the 'bigger picture'.)

And one of the dialogues that really hit me was the following:

God: Let me ask you something.  If someone prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience?  Or does He give them the opportunity to be patient? 
If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage?  Or does He give him opportunities to be courageous? 
If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings?  Or does He give them opportunities to love each other?

That really got me thinking...  God knows exactly what we need & what is best for us.  It makes sense that when we pray for patience, it just seems like more situations pop up when we need patience. 

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:19

Sure it would be a lot easier if God just 'zapped' us with whatever qualities we asked Him to grow us in...  But we wouldn't learn anything.  We wouldn't learn patience or perseverance, self-control, faith, trust etc...

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls." ~ Hebrews 12:1-3

I pray that we are all abundantly blessed this week, with opportunities of all kinds.  Those to practice our Fruit of the Spirit.  And also time to spend at His feet.  Talking with & worshiping Him who loves us enough to be our Jehovah Jireh; our Provider.

Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani


No comments: