Saturday, June 18, 2011

Traveling Bible

I will be a candle in the darkness
I will be the hand of heaven above
I will be a mirror that reflects your endless love

I will be the hope among the hopeless
Where there is conflict I will be peace
Only by the power of your spirit that's living in me
I will be

Natalie Grant ~ I Will Be
Album: Deeper Life

 

I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of person, if I'm waiting, either in a line, for my computer to restart, or my food to cook, or anytime when I'm out & waiting for...whatever.  I feel like I'm wasting valuable time & that I should be doing something...  So I pick up a book (almost any book) & start reading it.  Then I started thinking why am I not reading my Bible?

Soooooooooo A couple weeks ago I got a smaller Bible that I can fit in my purse.  My other Bible is a huge study Bible...& my purse is already heavy enough with out putting my "sword" in it.

"Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints"  Eph. 6:14-18

So I got a portable Bible, & it's pink!!!  I know...so girly, but my choices were quite limited. Black, brown, PINK or go to different version.  Here's a picture of it:




But since it is pink, it will probably get more attention.  More people will probably wonder what I'm reading, which will open more doors for me to be a witness for my Savior.

Au Revoir...Until next time.  =)
Many Blessings!
Tiffani

2 comments:

Miss Jackson said...

I have had the same conviction. I try to always have my Bible with me.

Unknown said...

I love this idea Tiffani! My phone is an MP3 player and I have a couple passages of "Bible on Tape" on it....great for when things happen unexpectedly away from home and I need something to do!
Guess who's going to go "restick" her Bible in her purse (I originally wrote purse in her Bible ha! ;) ).
Me. :) Thanks for sharing!
Btw, adorable Bible. :)
By His grace,
~Melanie