Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blessings In The Post Office...

Where love like a river flows, peace like you've never known
And joy never ending lives
And a place where faith can find, hope that will never die
Follow me there, come on, follow me there

Third Day ~ Follow Me There
Album: Move


I've been wanting to write about this for a while now, but I guess I just keep forgetting....

My mom & I were at the post office a couple weeks ago.  There was a really long line, but we decided to wait, because my mom had to overnight a package.  I don't remember how it happened, but my mom (who is usually social anyway) started talking with the lady behind us.  And soon the lady behind her (who I was thinking had a "sour-puss" look on her face) started talking with the two of them as well.

I was thinking about Francis Chan's book, Forgotten God, about being emboldened by the Holy Spirit & just talking to people, being friendly, being a mirror of our Savior Jesus.  THEN I started hearing what I was sure was Third Day playing softly over the speakers.  I was kinda confused, but soooooooooo excited!!!  Then when we finally got up to the counter I realized that it was Third Day, but that it wasn't playing over the speakers after all.  Someone (who worked there) was playing a radio. 

So even though the post office wasn't playing the music, it was still really cool to know that someone working there was a Christian & was allowed to & emboldened enough to play the Christian radio station!!

My dad plays the Christian music station in his office...it's so much fun when I go in to work (once a week), because I get to sing along with all the songs as I'm working.

I pray for the post office person who owned the radio...that he or she will continue to be bold & courageous to play God honoring music...even if he or she might suffer persecution for their faith.  Amen!

Au Revoir...Until next time.  =)
Many Blessings!
Tiffani

2 comments:

Miss Jackson said...

That's great! Here in the Bible Belt we have the Christian Station play in Walmart and Lowes!

Tiffani-Joi said...

That is so cool!!! I'll keep praying for that to happen here!! =)