Saturday, August 6, 2011

Praying For Compassion...

What boundless love,
What fathomless grace
You have shown us, O God of compassion!
Each day we live
An offering of praise
As we show to the world Your compassion
 
Keith & Kristyn Getty ~ Compassion Hymn
Album: Awaken the Dawn
 
I was logging out of my email a couple days ago...and on the homepage, they were displaying an article about a 20-million ape skull that had just been discovered.  Of course, I was curious what possible "evidence", they could be providing for such a ludicrous claim, so I clicked on the link.  Surprise, surprise...there was no evidence...no scientific formula as to how in the world they arrived at such a claim....NOTHING.  Which they can't of course, but they didn't even try to explain.  They take it for granted that our society will believe anything the media tells them.  The only intelligent--rather the only anything--an official scientist was quoted to have said was something about this being a great discovery....  I was absolutely disgusted!! 

I know I shouldn't read the comments...people say the most ignorant things sometimes...which makes me get riled up...  And these comments were no different.  One (the one that really got me) said, "I guess this proves that the world really isn't 6,000 years old, like some religious people like to believe." 

WELL!  I was this close to writing my own comment, something about those scientists showing me their actual proof of the age, and then I'd be able to have a conversation...or something 'smart' like that....  And besides the Holy Spirit, the only other thing that stopped me from writing just that in the heat of the moment, was reading another comment (a couple comments down below), that said almost that exact same thing.   Reading even farther down, I noticed at least 10 more comments from that same girl.  She was right on in everything she was saying, but no matter how logical her statements were....other people just kept challenging her.  Not just about science, but religion too.  I noticed about three different "conversations" going on. 

I was so close to anger about things that some people were saying about my Abba Father & my Savior.    (Psalm 14:1, "The fool has said in his heart, ''there is no God'...")  My heart was pounding, my eyes most likely in little slits, my brows furrowed...

She ended up stopping writing anything more after a different man wrote that he agreed with everything this lady was saying, but said that this is what these people are believing at this moment, & nothing we personally can do, will change their minds. 

That was so wise...because no matter what "right" words we speak, we are not the ones who will change a persons heart.  The Lord allows people to have a veil over their eyes at times.  And He alone can remove that veil. 
2 Corinthians 3:16-18, "16Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."


That is not to say that, we shouldn't tell people the truth, & be a witness for Him...we must remember that no matter what we say, in the end it is only Him who created that can reveal the truth.  The Lord reminded me that I'm not the judge of those people.  (Matthew 7: 1-5) They still have a chance to repent.  That I'm not supposed to agree with them, but I'm also not supposed to ridicule them for their ignorance.  That He will still forgive them for what they said, when they repent. 

At that moment, I no longer felt anger, but sorrow for those people.  Because I know whenever they do repent they too will feel the guilt of what they spoke/wrote against Him.  I cannot even imagine the guilt I personally would feel...I don't want to!

Father, I pray for those who do not know You yet.  Who haven't experienced Your love.  I'm so sorry that I judged them....because I'm certainly not perfect and I have no right!  I praise You for the day when You do remove the veil from their eyes...  I rejoice in the day that will come when they will turn their hearts to You and You alone.  Please Holy Spirit, remind me the next time I start to judge someone else for not knowing the truth.  Pray through me for their salvation & let me have only love and compassion for them.  Jesus, teach me to mirror You, so that I can grow in You each an every day.  Father I ask this all in Your Son Jesus' name, Amen!

I hope you all are feeling His love & comfort as this week is coming to an end.  May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Au Revoir...Until next time.
Many Blessings!  =)
Tiffani

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, Tiffani. It is like a burden lifting off our shoulders when we realize that only Christ can save and the Holy Spirit convict people's hearts...He may use us as tools to share the beauty of the Gospel, but the "saving" work is His alone. May He grant us the compassion that gives us His heart and helps us see people as He sees them, and the unconditional love He shows to all of His creations!

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
~Melanie

Unknown said...

I love how you reminded me about only G-d lifting the veil.. it angers me sometimes when people are so stubborn in their argument; and that is where having a teachable spirit comes in. Thanks for this post, Sweet Sister!

Jeremiah 29:13,
Sierra